Meet Our Outpatient Therapists
HealthSouth Columbia Outpatient Department
HealthSouth Columbia’s hospital-based outpatient department is committed to providing quality patient care that helps patients reach their greatest independence. In addition to providing occupational, physical and speech therapy services for a variety of conditions, our therapists have attained advanced clinical specializations to help achieve superior outcomes:
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) certification (individualized therapeutic handling for individuals with neurological pathophysiology)
- Neuro-IFRAH® certification (integrated approach of therapeutic handling for individuals with neurological pathophysiology)
- Certified hand therapy
- Vestibular (balance) therapy
- Voice and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) therapy
- Communication and cognitive therapy
- Lee Silverman Voice Training® LOUD and BIG (speech and physical therapy treatment for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions)
- Certified Kinesio® taping
Day Treatment Program
The outpatient department also offers a day treatment program, which is a multi-disciplinary approach designed to help individuals get back to community-based occupations. This may include returning to or finding new gainful employment serving as a caregiver, actively running a household, holding a non-paying job or even returning to school. The department works closely with the South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department to further enable individuals to achieve and maintain competitive employment.
Cutting-edge therapy technologies are used to further progress individuals with neurological conditions including:
For more information or to make an appointment, contact our outpatient admissions at 803 401-1256.